Okta SAML Integration - (Not supported yet, but it's coming soon!)
The Okta/HackNotice SAML integration currently supports the following features:
- IdP-initiated single sign-on: this allows users to sign into HackNotice from their Okta application dashboard.
In order to configure SAML SSO through Okta, you must:
- Have your own Okta tenant
- Be an administrator of that tenant
- Have a confirmed HackNotice account with team members configured for each user who will sign in via Okta
To enable SSO with HackNotice, you need to add the HackNotice app to your Okta tenant.
- Log in to your organization's Okta tenant
- Navigate to Applications > Applications > Browse App Catalog and search for HackNotice, then click Add Integration
- Enter an Application Label or accept the recommended default, HackNotice. This is the name by which the HackNotice app will appear to users on your Okta dashboard.
- Click Next
- On the Sign-On Options tab, under SAML 2.0 locate the SAML Certificates section. Download the sha-1 certificate.
- Contact your HackNotice Account Team for the cert details.
- Click the Assignments tab of the HackNotice application in Okta, and assign HackNotice to everyone, a group, or those of your users who have HackNotice accounts. This will provide them with the HackNotice application on their Okta dashboard.
HackNotice is now fully configured for SAML single sign-on with Okta.
Logging into HackNotice with Okta SSO
For both SAML and OIDC, you can log into HackNotice using Okta SSO in two ways, by clicking the HackNotice application in your Okta dashboard.